Did you know that you can influence how offenders repay the
community for their crimes?
Community Payback is a punishment handed out to offenders by the
court to work on unpaid projects that benefit the community.
Projects can range from litter removal to repairing and
decorating community centres or removing graffiti.
Anyone can nominate a project as long as it fits the below
- benefits the community
- does not take paid work away from others
- does not make profit for anyone
- challenging and demanding
- is worthwhile and constructive
- puts something back into the community.
To arrange a clean-up in your community contact St.Helens Council
Contact Centre on 01744 676789.
For more information about Community Payback visit
Merseyside Community Rehabilitation Company.