Drugs and Alcohol
In St Helens agencies are working together to;
- take action against those dealing drugs in our
- raise awareness of the risks of taking or becoming
- ensure treatment services are effective and
What are we doing?
The following are just some of the initiatives we use to tackle
drug and alcohol related crime:
- Worked with our partner agencies to target and evict
individuals from properties prior to drug-closure procedures.
- Targeted Town Centre venues with a combination of enforcement
action and awareness-raising.
- Opened a recovery centre for offenders who want to become
drug-free and increased support services through the commissioning
of CGL (see below).
- Review and revoke premises licences based
on involvement in crime and disorder.
- Utilised our CCTV system. The Police were informed of any
incidents that may have escalated towards violence by CCTV
- Offenders with alcohol problems have successfully completed
alcohol treatment programmes whilst under Probation
More information on local help and support can be found here