Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour

To report anti-social behaviour, when it is not an emergency, you can call:

Registered Social Landlords
If you are a tenant of a Registered Social Landlord or Housing Association, you can contact your landlord as they have powers to tackle anti-social behaviour too. The Respect Standard for Housing Management was introduced to ensure landlords tackle anti-social behaviour and promote respect in local communities. The Respect Standard outlines how landlords should respond to anti-social behaviour and what measures are needed to support community efforts at tackling anti-social behaviour.


Private Landlords
If you are a resident affected by anti-social behaviour involving a private tenant living in a privately rented property please contact Merseyside Police and St Helens Council.  It is essential that calls regarding anti-social behaviour are reported to the Police and recorded on their system via 101 or 999 if an emergency. 

Once an address has been identified as a problem for the community, arrangements will be made for Merseyside Police and St Helens Council to do a joint visit to speak with the tenant.  These tenants are then advised that if their anti-social behaviour continues, their private landlord will be contacted which could potentially lead to their eviction or an anti-social behaviour closure order of their home.

If you are a private landlord and you are contacted by St Helens Council regarding the behaviour of your private tenant you will be advised and supported accordingly.


is for emergencies only. An emergency is something that demands an immediate response. Only call 999 if:

  • A crime is happening now
  • People are injured
  • People are being threatened or are in danger
  • The offender is still there or is nearby

Using the 999 line unnecessarily
could prevent somebody who is in danger from getting through.

If it is not an emergency, please call the non-emergency number 101.

Please download a copy of our anti-social behaviour diary if you are suffering with anti-social behaviour in your area. It provides a list of useful contact numbers, and a log book, in order for you to log all the activity which is taking place.

ASB Diary