While the chance of being robbed in St Helens is very low, we
should all take steps to make ourselves less of a target.
Protect yourself from theft
- Keep your bag closed and close to your body, and never leave it
- Use a purse cable to keep your purse attached to you. Purse
bells will also alert you to any unwanted attention.
- Use cash machines in a well lit areas, keep your pin code
covered, and don't let anybody peer over your shoulder. Put your
cash away as soon as possible.
- Use a card protector - now that contactless payments can be
made up to £100, keep your card inside a card protector to prevent
- If your cards are stolen cancel them straight away, do not wait
until you get home.
- Trust your instincts - if something feels wrong, find sanctuary
in a shop and ask to an employee for help.
- Remember to register your valuables on imobilise.com